I think it’s safe to say that all of us seem to have a travel bucket list for the future filled with things we want to do and places we want to visit. As the years tick by we wonder if we will have the time, money and desire to check all these off the ever-growing list.
But what about what you’ve already accomplished? That’s got to be a pretty impressive list as well. In my mind I’m always in the future, rarely dwelling in the past. But, sometimes it’s good to reflect on the past and where I’ve been.
Through Trek Tech I learned about Rebecca Tracey’s Reverse Bucket List, the concept of remembering past achievements to remind yourself how amazing you are. I would hope that’s a pretty long list for most of us. I found the idea intriguing.
But what about a Reverse Bucket List specifically for travel, a topic near and dear to us all? I set out to make my own Reverse Travel Bucket List of things I’ve done in some places I’m glad I’ve seen as a traveler and came up with just a few of the more adventurous accomplishments…
- Trekked to Mt. Everest
- Watched a Nepalese funeral cremation
- Experienced the warm people, proud culture and smell of yak butter in Tibet
- Swam and played with wild dolphins in Kaikoura
- Spent an entire day underground exploring caves in Waitomo
- Seen emus and kangaroos out in the wild of Australia’s Coral Coast
- Showered in a make-shift open air Botswana safari stall in the presence of a heard of zebras
- Hiked the Franz Josef Glacier
- Rafted the mighty Zambezi River
- Seen the brilliance of the Milky Way in the dark Caribbean sky
You’re adventurous travelers! If you weren’t, you wouldn’t be reading this blog. What amazing things have you done or seen in your travels that would remind you of your amazing travel achievements?