Everyone who enjoys traveling and getting out there to see the world probably has a travel bucket list that’s inspiring. Personally, my list is long and I seem to be continually adding to it. Once I experience the top two I will have completed my quest of being to all continents. That doesn’t end my quest by any means: as there are there are so many places spanning the globe that are so rich with interesting places, people and activities I’ve yet to experience.
My top 10:
1. South America– I’d like to experience the wonder of the Galapagos Islands, the mystery of Easter Island and the wild of the Amazon. To explore Patagonia, hike to Machu Picchu and walk the upper and lower catwalks for an up close experience of Iguazú Falls. With so many countries the discoveries are endless.
2. Antarctica: One of the largest and most inhospitable places on the planet for humans, but the place Emperor penguins call home. I must time my visit to coincide with the birth of baby Emperor Penguins.
3. A Bengal tiger safari in India: Hands down my favorite animal is the Panthera tigris. To watch them in their natural habitat is something I have to see.
4. An East Africa Safari: The elusive leopard stayed hidden from view on my Botswana safari. With any luck I might get to see one of these solitary cats in Kenya along with the other wildlife that’s plentiful there.
6. Scuba dive the Red Sea- The sea life is still very rich, colorful and unspoiled here and so I feel it’s a great destination for my first dive.
7. Volunteer for endangered species expeditions- Giving of my time with hands on volunteering to help endangered species from becoming extinct would be more personally rewarding to me than just writing a check.
8. Camel trek in Morocco- Maybe I’ve seen Lawrence of Arabia one too many times. Traveling over the dunes of the vast Sahara Desert on camel back just calls to me.
9. See the Aurora Borealis– I am eager to see the Northern Lights, imagining it would be twice as amazing as seeing the Milky Way on a dark, clear night.
10. Explore these islands: Fijian, Maldives, Seychelles, Tahitian– I love exotic islands. Plain and simple. Each one has its own unique attributes, from the sand surrounding it, to the water lapping up on its shores, to the night sky above and the sea life down below.
What’s on your travel bucket list?